STRESS RELIEVING MEDITATION WORKSHOP ! ! !
CONNECTING WITH NATURE ! ! !
YOUTUBE LINK CLICK HERE :
HOSTED BY : SHERRI MCKEON
ALTERNATE SPIRITUALITY THEME:
“CONNECTING WITH NATURE”
Here is one example of the many kinds of self-help exercises that could be practiced to feel better,
from page 204-208, of ‘the PTSD WORKBOOK.’
“EXERCISE: GAINING PERMISSION”
- Got to an attractive, natural, safe place’.
- You will find that something in this natural place will stand out and look very attractive, and you will be drawn to it.
- Ask permission of that plant, tree, bush, or whatever to interact with. This is generally done nonverbally and always respectfully.
- Obtain its permission in some way. If you receive that permission, you will find yourself feeling acknowledged and connected, this will be a positive experience.
- If you don’t receive permission, identify another attractive something, and obtain permission to interact with it.
- Sense the connection; feel what gift this natural attraction has for you.
- When you are finish with the experience, thank the natural attraction for interacting with you.
“EXERCISE: AFFIRMING POSITIVE QUALITIES”
- Go to an attractive natural place like a backyard, park, or wooded area, or indoor plant.
- Find something that is attractive to you, and ask for permission to interact with it.
- When you receive permission, identify what it is about the natural attraction that you like. For example, “I like that flower because it is pretty and graceful.”
- Recognize that you have those same (or similar) qualities and say to yourself, “I like myself because I am pretty and graceful.” Be sure to choose realistic qualities of both nature and, potentially, of yourself.
- Continue the same process with other attractions.
- It might be helpful to ask another person to assist you to discover things you like about yourself.
“EXERCISE: SHARING YOUR TROUBLES WITH NATURE”
- Go to an attractive natural place.
- Ask for permission to visit.
- Now think about what is troubling you.
- Tell the attractive part of Nature what is bothering you.
- Feel nature sharing your troubles; this sharing can make them easier to bear.
- Continue to sit still and feel nature sharing your troubles with you.
When you feel your troubles getting lighter, express your appreciation to nature. Nature is always there to comfort you. Allow yourself to take in whatever nature offers you.